Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Book Club Last Night

I went to my book club meeting last night. What fun.  We discussed The Reliable Wife. What an interesting discussion.  I read all the time, but it is so much fun to discuss what I have read with other people that have read the same book.  The different perspectives everyone brings to the discussion and the interaction with other ideas.  It makes you realize that it is the same in all of life, just as in books, that what your reactions to something are very subjective just because that is who we are. 

Our library has an online catalog that allows you to place a hold on a book.  The library will notify you when the book is ready for pick up.  It is such a cool way to "shop" for free books from your easy chair, using your internet resources to help pick the book you may want to read.  My "TBR" stack by my bed is getting huge.

On another note, I noticed that the Vikings did not get the W against the Jets at the Meadowlands.  I tried to watch the game, but feel asleep before it was over. Another team that was not able to get a "W" - the Saints. It looks like the Saints had their one magical season last year.

My grandson saw my little dog this week-end.  That is what is left of him after "THE HAIRCUT" last week.  He said he looked "LIKE A GIRL - HE IS TINY - MAWMAW, HE LOOKS LIKE A BOBBLEHEAD" 

My dh is back to the doctor today for another post surgery check.  Please keep your fingers crossed that all is well. He is still recovering his strength.  He was able to walk about 3/4 of a miles Monday morning; but, was very tired by lunch time.

Here is my picture for today from my trip to New York City.



No comments:

Post a Comment